Joplin Regional Business Journal is the only dedicated business-to-business publication in the Joplin region. Covering seven counties in Southwest Missouri, Southeast Kansas and Northeast Oklahoma, the paper focuses on the news, analysis and insight that is important to regional business owners, executives, leaders and mavens.
JRBJ’s mission is simple: to help businesses do better business through education, information, recognition, and thoughtful industry and economic analysis. Our news coverage and feature focuses always seek to provide our readers with the tools and information they need to succeed.
JRBJ publishes 26 issues each year – one every other Monday. Each issue includes a news section as well as many of our regular features, such as:
• Newsmakers — A roundup of hirings, promotions, certifications, awards and acknowledgments of regional employees, submitted by local employers.
• Open For Business — A bi-weekly collection of new businesses in the area, what they do and where they are.
• From the Ground Up — A business featured in each issue that is still under construction, with a listing of contractors, amount of investment, square footage and more.
• Business Spotlight — An in-depth profile of a local business open for at least one year.
• Agate (Business Leads) — The region’s most comprehensive listing of public records pertinent to business, including deeds of trust and mortgages, bankruptcies, building permits, newly licensed businesses and health inspections.
Each issue also includes a special Focus Section that features specific news coverage and industry analysis. Focus Section topics include Manufacturing, Real Estate, Banking & Finance, Architects & Engineers, Commercial Construction and Information Technology, to name a few.
In addition to the publication itself, JRBJ also recognizes area individuals for their business accomplishments and dedication to community through our annual awards ceremonies. JRBJ holds four of these events each year: Most Influential Women, Salute to Health Care, 15 Under 40 People to Watch, and Regional Men of Distinction.
Honorees for these events are nominated by the community and are selected by a group of independent judges.
JRBJ is owned, operated and published by Larry and Mikell Warren. Our offices are at 407 N. Pennsylvania Ave. in Joplin. Phone: (417) 625-6699. Fax: (417) 625-6698. Email: email@example.com