Help remains after recovery center closesBy JRBJ Staff
The Disaster Recovery Center in McDonald County will close at 7 p.m. Saturday, June 17. But survivors of the 2017 flooding and severe storms will still be able to get help with just a phone call.
Many of the services available at recovery centers are also available on the FEMA Helpline at 800-621-3362. Those who use 711 or Video Relay Services may call 800-621-3362. Those who use TTY may call 800-462-7585; MO Relay 800-735-2966; CapTel 877-242-2823; Speech to Speech 877-735-7877; VCO 800-735-0135. Operators will be available from 6 a.m. to 10 p.m. seven days a week until further notice.
The Helpline can help survivors:
- Register with FEMA
- Provide a change of address, telephone and bank account numbers and insurance information to avoid disaster assistance processing delays
- Obtain information about FEMA home inspections
- Get other questions answered about federal disaster assistance
- Get questions answered about letters from FEMA
- Learn how to appeal a FEMA decision.
Having the nine-digit FEMA registration number and Zip Code of the affected property will be useful when calling the Helpline.
Survivors can also visit other disaster recovery centers, where representatives from FEMA and the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) can answer questions on disaster assistance or low-interest disaster loans.
Applicants may also contact SBA’s Disaster Assistance Customer Service Center by calling 800-659-2955, emailing email@example.com, SBA.gov/disaster or visiting SBA’s website at www.sba.gov/disaster. Deaf and hard-of-hearing individuals may call 800-877-8339.
Disaster recovery centers remain open in Carter, Franklin, Howell, Jefferson, Newton, Phelps, Ripley and Taney counties.
Survivors can register with FEMA by:
- Going online at DisasterAssistance.gov.
- Using the FEMA app for smartphones.
- Calling 800-621-3362 between 6 a.m. and 10 p.m. CST. Multilingual registration assistance is available. People who use 711 or Video Relay Services may call 800-621-3362. Those who use TTY may call 800-462-7585.
The federal disaster declaration covers eligible losses caused by flooding and severe storms between April 28 and May 11, 2017 in these counties: Bollinger, Butler, Carter, Douglas, Dunklin, Franklin, Gasconade, Howell, Jasper, Jefferson, Madison, Maries, McDonald, Newton, Oregon, Osage, Ozark, Pemiscot, Phelps, Pulaski, Reynolds, Ripley, Shannon, St. Louis, Stone, Taney, and Texas.
Back To News